WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Are you a home-based carer looking to get the qualifications? Do you work in a centre already? Do you want to work in the ECE industry?
This programme is a great place to start & will provide you with the foundation you need to start or enhance your career in Early Childhood Education, & with the support of experienced tutors you will gain the National Certificate in Early Childhood Education Level 3 while developing a strong understanding of child development & how you can support the learning of young children.
We provide real skills for real jobs, all of our students are placed on work practicum, that’s real work experience for your future!
Course topics include:
- Foundation Studies – Basic needs & ethics
- Professional Practice – Te Whariki, child development & child behaviour
- Play & Learning – Observations, play & the value of play
- Health & Safety – Hygiene practices, nutrition needs & safety
Fees Free may apply, you can check your eligibility here
If you wish to enrol in this course, you must:
- Attend an interview to assess your ability to successfully complete the programme and work in the Early Childhood Education industry.
- Disclose any criminal convictions at the time of enrolment; approve, at the time of enrolment, the release of criminal conviction information from the New Zealand Police, to enable learners to be placed in a workplace setting to meet the requirements of the programme (enrolment is provisional until vetting applications have been received and the learner can be placed in work).
- Be prepared to complete no less than 120 hours of practicum work in an Early Childhood Education setting, to complete the programme.
- Be a New Zealand citizen or have permanent residency.
Further training opportunities: