Our News & Events
Tutor – Literacy, Language and Numeracy (LLN) Tutor – Napier
- January 31, 2019
- Posted by: Jessica Brown
- Category: Careers
Workforce Development is a Tertiary Education Organisation (TEO) whose core purpose is to provide innovative education, training, support and resources. We’ve been providing opportunities to learn and grow for individuals, communities, business and government departments for more than 25 years.
About the role:
Our successful applicant will be able to deliver literacy & numeracy programmes in our community, and will have confidence to work with people with a range of cognitive disabilities.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven skills in delivering adult/community education in literacy/numeracy
- Awareness and knowledge of educational processes and methods (including learning progressions)
- Hold a drivers licence, own vehicle and own computer
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of education processes and methods (including learning progressions).
In addition, you will need the following attributes:
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Have a ‘student centred’ approach to teaching and learning
- Have an awareness of the needs of part-time students and of appropriate teaching approaches and strategies for meeting those needs and for maximising student involvement.
- Have an understanding of and ability to relate to different needs of cultural, ethnic and gender groups
- Computer skills for administration of classes.To apply online click here Applications close on Monday 11th February 2019