Our News & Events
Tutor – Early Childhood Educator (ECE) – Auckland
- December 17, 2020
- Posted by: Ai Nguyen
- Category: Careers
Workforce Development Ltd helps people develop skills they need for work or future study. Whether they want to enter the workforce, learn new skills, get back into work, or find a new career to be passionate about, Workforce Development helps them get there.
We’ve been providing opportunities to learn and grow for individuals, communities, businesses and government departments for more than 25 years. We offer a friendly, personalised and supportive service to guide students on their journey into the workforce and beyond.
We offer a range of courses from hospitality, youth guarantee to youth work, early childhood education, and community and workplace training. For more information visit – www.workforce.ac.nz.
The key function of this position is to provide tutoring and facilitation of programmes to students within the Early Childhood Education (ECE) area, specifically to tutor students and develop skills in unit standards based ECE level 4 programmes.
Most importantly we are looking for someone determined to make a difference in the lives of their students.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Have a Diploma Early Childhood Education Level 5 or higher. Teacher registration is not essential.
- Hold or be working towards an Adult teaching qualification, including knowledge of assessment practices.
- Relevant ECE experience.
- Strong industry and community networks.
- Ability to work with people from various cultures and learning styles.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Understanding of and ability to relate to differing cultural, ethnic and gender groups.
- Strong administration and computer skills.
- Full NZ driver’s license.
Due to the diversity of students in the Auckland area, the ability to speak other languages would be an advantage, in particular Indian, Mandarin, Pasifika or Chinese..
If this sounds like the ideal career opportunity for you, click HERE to apply on Seek.
Click here to view the Job Description.
Applications close: Monday 11th January 2021.