Our News & Events
Activity Led Training Tutor Position – Hawkes Bay
- June 11, 2021
- Posted by: Ai Nguyen
- Category: Careers
We have an opportunity for two new tutors who love working in the outdoors, to join our amazing team.
Ideally, you will have a desire to help and encourage our learners to achieve through whenua (land) based activities using a hauora (wellbeing) approach whilst also embedding our tauira (learners) with applied literacy, numeracy, and life skills.
You will bring energy and creativity to our passionate Foundation team – working in an enriching and rewarding environment.
You will also have a background, strong interest or experience training in the outdoors.
You will be working with students who will be looking to you for inspiration and motivation to become confident, independent individuals.
- Experience teaching outdoor education or similar
- A background, strong interest and/or past experience in land based activities and the outdoors
- Hold or be working towards an Adult Teaching qualification including knowledge of assessment practice and unit 4098
- A relevant qualification such as teaching, outdoor recreation, youth services or the like
- Strong industry and community networks as well as an ability to work with people from various backgrounds and learning styles
- Well organised, self-managing and used to meeting timelines and targets
In addition, you will need the following attributes:
- Ability to work with a minimum amount of supervision
- Understanding of, and ability to relate to, different cultural, ethnic and gender requirements
- Computer skills for administration of classes
- Full driver’s license
It would also be beneficial if you had knowledge, experience and/or background in Te Ao Maori, whenua-based and/or Kaupapa Maori approaches
If this sounds like you and you love the idea of growing your career, with a passionate team, in a rewarding position, then we want you!
Let us know in your cover letter what drives your passions and inspires you.
We have two new positions available based between Napier and Hastings – one working with youth (rangatahi) and another working with adult learners.
A full job description can be obtained here
Click HERE to apply in SEEK. Applications close on Friday 2nd July 2021.