Our News & Events
Programme Coordinator – Activity Led Training – Hastings
- November 22, 2021
- Posted by: Ai Nguyen
- Category: Careers
We have an exciting opportunity for someone creative, energetic and community focused to join our Workforce Development whanau. You will work closely with the Head of Department coordinating the Activity Led Training programme and supporting the kaiako delivering the NZ Certificate in Foundation Skills Level 1 to tauira of all ages through whenua based activities.
The Programme Coordinator position is 20 hours per week but there is a possibility that the role could be incorporated with a kaiako role for full time employment.
Who are we looking for
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in the following skill sets:
- Knowledge and understanding of Tikanga and Te Reo Māori, and Treaty of Waitangi, and applying that in work setting
- Natural communicator with the ability to lead others and establish positive working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience working with Māori stakeholders and demonstrated mana within the Māori community
- Kaupapa Māori approach to teaching and learning
- Unit Standard 4098/willing to achieve the unit standard
- Hold or working toward a qualification in Youth Work, Outdoor Education, Language, Literacy and Numeracy, relevant bachelor’s degree or similar
- An adult teaching qualification or be prepared to work towards one
- Delivery and assessment experience
- Strong administration and computer skills
- The ability to work with rangitahi and adults with different learning styles and diverse backgrounds
- A passion for outdoor education and activities
- Full driver’s license
How to Apply
To view the job description please click HERE.
If this sounds like the ideal career opportunity for you, apply SEEK and attach your CV and cover letter.
Applications close at 9am Monday 29th November 2021 and must be submitted online.
Please note: You must have eligibility to work in New Zealand, hold a full drivers license and undergo a Police Check.
We look forward to hearing from you.