Our News & Events
ECE Tutor – Manukau
- September 7, 2022
- Posted by: Adam Punter
- Category: Careers
Workforce Development Ltd helps people develop skills they need for work or future study. Whether they want to enter the workforce, learn new skills, get back into work or find a new career to be passionate about, Workforce Development helps them get there.
We’ve been providing opportunities to learn and grow for individuals, communities, businesses and government departments for more than 25 years. We offer a friendly, personalised and supportive service to guide students on their journey into the workforce and beyond.
We offer a range of courses such as hospitality, youth work, early childhood education, health and wellbeing and community and workplace training.
The key function of this position is to provide tutoring and facilitation of programmes to students within the Early Childhood Education (ECE) area, specifically to tutor students and develop skills in unit standards based ECE level 4 programmes.
Most importantly we are looking for someone determined to make a difference in the lives of their students.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Have a Diploma Early Childhood Education Level 5 or higher. Teacher registration is not essential.
- Hold or be willing to enroll in an Adult teaching qualification, including knowledge of assessment practices.
- Relevant ECE experience.
- Strong industry and community networks.
- Ability to work with people from various cultures and learning styles.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Understanding of and ability to relate to differing cultural, ethnic and gender groups.
- Strong administration and computer skills.
- Full NZ driver’s license.
Due to the diversity of students in the Auckland area, the ability to speak other languages would be an advantage, in particular Indian, Mandarin or Pasifika.
If this sound like you and you love the idea of growing your career with a passionate team, in a rewarding position – then we want you!
Apply online via Seek, attached your CV and a cover letter telling us why this role appeals to you and why you would be great in this role.
Information about Workforce Development Limited and a full job description can be found HERE
Applications close: Sunday 18th September 2022.