Our News & Events
Foundation Learning Tutor
- August 29, 2023
- Posted by: Adam Punter
- Category: Careers
We have a permanent full-time opportunity at our Napier campus for an enthusiastic tutor to join our amazing Foundation Learning team to support the delivery of our Te Hauhake I Te Mana – Foundation Skills Level 1 programme to our youth learners.
Our Foundation tutors are incredibly passionate about what they do, working together in order to provide our learners with the best experience they possibly can as learners gain their qualification and move to next stage of their life’s journey.
You will bring energy and creativity to the team – working in an enriching and rewarding environment with learners who will be looking to you for inspiration and motivation to become confident, independent individuals.
You will have a desire to help and encourage our learners to achieve through whenua (land) based activities using a hauora (wellbeing) approach whilst also embedding literacy, numeracy, and life skills into everyday delivery.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Support, inspire and motivate our youth learners.
- Have a passion and experience working with youth (15 – 19 years old).
- Hold an Adult Teaching qualification and unit standard 4098 or willing to upskill.
- Have ability to plan, organise, delivery and adapt learning sessions.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with youth and their whānau.
- Have good computer skills for administration of classes.
- Have great community links.
- Have a willingness to learn and embrace aspects of Te Ao Māori.
- Hold a full driver’s license.
Information about Workforce Development Limited and a full job description can be found HERE
If this sounds like you and you love the idea of growing your career with a passionate team, in a rewarding position – then we would love to hear from you!
Let us know in your cover letter what drives and inspires you, why you would be great in this role, attach your CV and apply online via SEEK.