New Zealand Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care (Level 3)
- Course Code NZ2849
- Credit: 61
- Full Time Study
- Cost $2,261 – Talk to us about Fees Free
- Class days – two and a half days per week in class – 1 day per week guided self study – 11 practicum learning hours per week over a nine-week period.
Where will this course take me?
This programme is ideal preparation for learners wanting to participate in the Early Childhood Education sector by gaining a formally recognised Early Childhood Education and Care qualification.
Graduates of this qualification will have the introductory skills and knowledge to work in an entry-level carer role in a range of early childhood contexts, such as centre-based, home-based, hospital-based, parent-led, culturally-based or kohanga reo environments.
Graduates may be involved as a home-based educator in sole charge under specific supervision; as kaiāwhina to provide support for preparing and implementing activities; in paid or unpaid roles.
Prospective learners wishing to enroll in the New Zealand Certificate in Early Childhood Education (Level 3) must meet the following entry requirements for the programme:
- Disclose any criminal convictions at the time of enrolment; approve, at the time of enrolment, the release of criminal conviction information from the New Zealand Police, to enable learners to be placed in a workplace setting to meet the requirements of the programme (enrolment is provisional until vetting applications have been received and the learner can be placed in work).
- Complete a Ministry of Justice check as part of the enrolment and acceptance
process. Enrolment will be provisional only until the Ministry of Justice check has been
- Provide evidence of successful study at Level 2, or equivalent knowledge and skills to enable study at Level 3
- Attend an interview as part of the enrolment process.
You may be eligible for fees free, to check click here http://www.feesfree.govt.nz