This course is designed to give you the basic skills you need for a successful career as a Youth Worker. You will learn how to develop positive relationships with young people across communities in Aotearoa in response to a wide range of issues.
- Course Code NZ2449
- Credit: 83
- Full Time Study via Blended Learning Mode
- Cost: All costs are currently covered by the Government’s TTAF (Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund) meaning it is free for you to study!
- Blended Learning: 1 day per week on campus – 1 day tutor led online – 2 days self-directed study – 1 day work experience
- When: Start date August and September 2021.
What is the course?
The New Zealand Certificate in Youth Work Level 4 recognises the competence, knowledge, and skills required to be qualified to work in intermediate roles in the youth work sector; for example, programmes, projects and events delivered by peer support groups, youth service agencies and community or marae or faith-based groups.
Graduates will be able to work in the youth work sector. They will be equipped with a broad operational and theoretical knowledge of working with youth and will be able to work under some guidance and have some responsibility for others. Graduates may progress their employment within the sector or go on to further study.
If you wish to enrol in this course, you must:
- Have a general interest in working with young people
- Have evidence of successful study at Level 3
Or you must have:
- Evidence of professional experience to this level.
You must also:
- Be able to work or undertake voluntary work in a Youth Work setting
- Have access to a computer and the internet to complete the requirements of the programme.
- Be a New Zealand citizen or have permanent residency.